Notice of Vacancy
Learning Point Associates, an education nonprofit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®)
seeks professional, energetic, creative individual for the position of Graphic Designer. The Graphic Designer will work in the Creative Services department within the Marketing Group and be responsible for aiding the development of a branded identity for our organization. The successful candidate will be comfortable in a friendly, collaborative work culture and be able to build and maintain effective internal relationships.
Learning Point Associates has 20 years of success in evaluation, policy research, and professional development services as well as consulting to schools, districts, and states. Through research and development, the organization delivers high-quality products and services to the K–12 education market nationwide with increased growth internationally.
The mission of Learning Point Associates is to provide research-based information, resources, tools, and services to all educators to support all students. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for:
- Design and revision of all marketing collateral and publications to promote educational-focused products, programs, and services to appropriate target markets. Work will include brochures, magazines, newsletters, reports, manuals, advertisements, and conference materials.
- Use of design software to produce clean, well-organized files required for efficient printing: QuarkXPress; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat; and Microsoft Word.
- Working closely with subject-matter experts in the organization, editorial staff, graphic designers, printers, and related vendors as needed to ensure on-time, cost-efficient production.
- Developing and maintaining systems for organizing electronic files, physical media, and other materials and information critical to graphic production.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design.
- Qualified candidates MUST possess at least five years of work experience as a graphic designer. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of publication design principles, including page layout, typography, effective use of color, and printing processes is required.
- Detail-oriented person with strong communications skills.
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects taking them from concept to print delivery.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of all graphics software is necessary, including QuarkXPress; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat; Flight Check; and Microsoft Word.
- Hands-on experience working with print vendors.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
This position will report to the Manager, Creative Services.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Graphic Designer is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Qualified applicants should submit a letter, resume, salary history, and portfolio samples to:
Office of Human Resources
Job Code: 05-SS002
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with the appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.