Notice of Vacancy
Policy and Networks
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Program Associate. The person selected for this position will hold a primary appointment in the Office of Policy and Networks, and will be charged with maintaining relationships with key stakeholder groups within the region as well as preparing and overseeing the development of policy and related products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Associate will be responsible for:
- Enhancing and maintaining state and regional policy seminars throughout the region, including addressing other policy concerns on an ongoing basis.
- Managing and responding to requests from NCREL's primary policymaker audiences, including board members and state-level stakeholders from throughout the region.
- Conducting policy research and analyses on enduring and emerging education policy issues important to NCREL's key policy and leadership audiences, both on a short-term basis and with longer-term issues as appropriate.
- Performing other duties as assigned by supervisor or others in the leadership structure.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Master's degree in policy, evaluation, school administration, or other related education disciplines.
- Extensive experience in the educational policy arena or related field.
- Experience building state and national coalitions with policy constituents and external educational and related agencies.
- Demonstrated skill in building capacity in the areas of educational policy and educational foundations.
- Experience in research and development pertaining to policy analyses and formulation.
- Experience directing projects that provide research and services to local, state, and federal policymakers.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with a variety of constituencies within and outside of NCREL and the region.
- Ability to work independently, as a leader, and as a member of a team.
- Working knowledge of word processing and presentation software as well as excellent skills in using the Internet.
Accepts supervision and makes changes in work habits or style as needed.
Must be willing and available to travel extensively in the seven-state region, and occasionally nationally.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Program Associate has its primary organization appointment in the Office of Policy and Networks reporting to the Director. The Director, Office of Policy and Networks, will conduct performance reviews. This full-time position is based in Naperville, Illinois.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Associate is an exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, salary history, and three current references to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: PA_POL-NET
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with the appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.