Notice of Vacancy
Professional Development and Research
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCRELŽ) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Program Associate, Professional Development and Research, in the Center for Education Decision Support Systems (EDSS). Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, both public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services targeting the K12 education market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The person selected for this position will hold a primary appointment in the Center for Educational Decision Support Systems (EDSS) and will be charged with working with other EDSS staff to develop and manage ongoing projects related to data use in education K12.
The Program Associate will be responsible for:
- Planning and implementing research and evaluation projects, including field/pilot testing with regional and national users of EDSS products and Web sites to help gain evidence on value and usefulness.
- Designing, developing, and delivering professional development to teachers, administrators, and policymakers related to specific EDSS products and services, as well as additional topics relevant to the field.
- Overseeing and managing benchmarks, timelines, and budgets of various projects.
- Translating findings from action research to educators and policymakers in written reports and oral presentations.
- Contributing to additional action research on data use and school improvement.
- Contributing to the development of professional development and technical assistance strategies that further advance the work and outreach of the agency.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree in education, education research, or other related disciplines.
- Experience directing projects that provide research and/or professional development services to local, state, and federal policymakers.
- Familiarity with basic research design, data collections, and analysis.
- Strong writing and presentation skills, including some experience in writing guidebooks or professional development manuals for particular tools or products.
- Experience writing results of research and evaluation studies, using both quantitative and qualitative data analysis techniques.
- Ability to work independently, as a leader, and as a member of a team.
- Some travel required.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for the position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Center for Education Decision Support Systems (EDSS). He or she will principally report to the Director of EDSS.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Associate, Professional Development and Research is an exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: PA-PD&R_EDSS
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.