Notice of Vacancy
Program Associate (multiple positions open)
Center for Literacy
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Program Associate.
The person selected for this position will hold a primary appointment in the Literacy Signature Area, one of the three Signature Areas in the Laboratory. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, both public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services targeting the
K–12 education market.
Our literacy work is expanding! To help with these new and exciting opportunities, we are looking for talented individuals who have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Providing professional development in adolescent literacy instruction.
- Working with struggling readers who are English language learners, children with IEPs, or secondary students with low academic literacy skills and/or in working with teachers of such students.
- Literacy coaching.
- Leadership of literacy programs at the school or district level.
- Technology and literacy instruction.
Working as part of a great team, this position is responsible for:
- Developing services and products which can be used by teachers, administrators, policymakers, and other clients to address the literacy needs of all students.
- Providing professional development and technical assistance to educators in order to improve student literacy.
- Assisting with the development of research proposals and the implementation of research projects.
If you want to do this work and have the following skills and experiences we want to hear from you!
- Master's degree in literacy, education, curriculum and instruction, or related field. (Ph.D. is a plus.)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in literacy instruction and assessment and in planning for instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate professional development for schools and school districts.
- Knowledge of current research, theory, and practice in literacy education, including the literacy education of children from underrepresented groups.
- Strong skills in communicating with individuals and groups both orally and in writing.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Associate is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Office of Human Resources
Job Code: PA-LIT_TUAL
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.