Notice of Vacancy
Program Associate, Achievement Gaps
Center for Educational Decision Support Systems
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Program Associate in the Center for Educational Decision Support Systems (EDSS). The person selected for this position will be responsible primarily for leading and implementing projects related to issues of achievement gaps.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Associate will be responsible for:
- Contributing to and coordinating the development of a suite of achievement gap assessment and evaluation tools.
- Assisting with the coordination of external contractors and contract work.
- Leading project teams and facilitating internal and external meetings.
- Contributing to existing research and development projects.
- Writing proposals to fund new work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; M.A. or Ph.D. preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with reducing achievement gaps.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with students from diverse and low-income backgrounds and the schools that serve them.
- Knowledge of SPSS, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Familiarity with American Psychological Association (APA) style is preferred.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team-based environment, both with staff internally and other individuals externally; ability to prioritize multiple objectives to meet project deadlines.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; the ability to work with a variety of constituencies as well as to provide guidance and supervision to internal staff.
- Availability to travel, both locally and nationally. Amount of travel is not expected to be substantial (five to six trips per year nationally in addition to occasional local travel).
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for this position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Center for Educational Decision Support Systems. He or she will principally report to the Senior Program Associate leading the organization's achievement gap work.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Associate is an exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Office of Human Resources
Job Code: PA_AGAP_EDSS
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.