Notice of Vacancy
Program Associate, Data Use
Center for Educational Decision Support Systems, NCREL
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Program Associate in the Center for Educational Decision Support Systems (EDSS). The person selected for this position will be primarily responsible for supporting research and development activities focused on data-driven decision making in classrooms, schools, and districts.
Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services targeting the K–12 education market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Associate will:
- Contribute to conceptualization, research, and development of projects supporting data-driven decision making and data use at state, district, and school levels.
- Create and pilot data collection processes and instruments and field-based data collection, using a variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies such as interviews, surveys, and observations.
- Organize and participate in conversations with key stakeholders, locally and nationally, around education issues and need sensing; respond to client needs and manage successful client relationships.
- Participate in the development, testing, and implementation of alternative data display models to optimize the effectiveness in data-based decision making for schools, districts, and states.
- Organize and maintain data collections and project documentation.
- Develop, implement, and report progress on project plans that ensure measurable outcomes are delivered on schedule, within budget, and with high quality.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree in education, psychology, or other social science research-related disciplines (Ph.D. is a plus).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of research principles and research design required; familiarity with American Psychological Association (APA) style is preferred; familiarity with statistical analysis software is desirable.
- Ability to work with a variety of educational stakeholders and audiences; prior experience with school, district, or state educational agencies is desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and Internet authoring is required; familiarity with databases, digital imaging and media, multimedia authoring, and Web publishing is preferred.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment both with staff internally and other individuals externally.
- Ability to prioritize multiple objectives to meet project deadlines required. Previous project management experience is preferred.
- Availability to travel both locally and nationally.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for the position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Educational Decision Support Services group. He or she will principally report to that group's Program Lead and secondarily to the Executive Director of the North Central Regional Education Laboratory. Performance reviews will be conducted within the Center for Educational Decision Support Services.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Associate is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Office of Human Resources
Job Code: PA-Data_EDSS
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.