Notice of Vacancy
Marketing Communications Associate
Office of Marketing & Communication
Learning Point Associates is a not-for-profit, educational organization, seeking a Marketing Communications Associate to serve as manager for organizationwide marketing communications strategies, programs, and activities.
The purpose of this position is to effectively plan for and oversee marketing communications activities to release new products/services, promote bundles of products/services around areas of excellence, create clear messaging, integrate organizationwide branding efforts, and drive public relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing marketing communications strategies and driving those initiatives to promote education-focused products, programs, and services to appropriate target markets.
- Overseeing marketing communications activities including branding, messaging, public relations, Web, conferences, collateral development, and new product/service releases.
- Coordinating organizational communication strategies with those of the business units and their specific product/services.
- Working with the subject-matter-experts in the organization for various services and programs to draw out the features and benefits, craft messaging tied to key educational issues, and develop promotional pitches.
- Serving as liaison with other members of communications as well as marketing, print production, and electronic production to ensure alignment and coordination of all communications efforts.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or advertising.
- Five or more years of work experience in marketing communications.
- Hands-on experience in managing and overseeing marketing communications projects. Proven project management skills an absolute must.
- Strong priority-setting skills and initiative.
- Demonstrable writing skills.
- Experience in working with in-house and out-sourced creative staff.
- Experience using Microsoft® Office products in a Windows® environment.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience working with business-to-business services.
- Experience in the education marketplace and/or in a consulting organization.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
This position reports to the Senior Marketing Associate
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Marketing Communications Associate is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Qualified applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary history to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: : MCA_LPA
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with the appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.