Notice of Vacancy
Senior Program Associate or Program Associate
The North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL) seeks candidates for the position of Senior Program Associate or Program Associate. The person selected for this position will be a member of NCREL's internal evaluation team and participate in independent evaluations of education programs and improvement initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Associate or Senior Program Associate will participate in a team that has responsibility for:
- Designing, negotiating, and conducting evaluations of education programs and improvement initiatives and contracts.
- Implementing a lab wide internal planning and evaluation system, including processes for needs assessment, quality assurance, and project and product management.
- Designing and managing evaluations for established NCREL products and services, as well as those in development.
- Providing training and technical assistance to program staff in conducting evaluations and using data for reflection and improvement, project/product management, and quality assurance procedures.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in designing, managing, and conducting evaluations, preferably of education programs and improvement initiatives.
- Skill and experience in field-based evaluation and research strategies, quantitative data analysis, qualitative field experience, and data analysis.
- Experience in grant and proposal writing.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of educational stakeholders and audiences.
- Ability to work independently, as a leader and manager, and as a member of a team.
Classification of Senior Program Associate or Program Associate is dependent on the following criteria:
- Level of education
- Years of experience
- Level of management or supervisory responsibility
- Breadth and depth of project work
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Senior Program Associate or Program Associate has its primary organization appointment in the Office of Internal Evaluation. The Director of Internal Evaluation will conduct the Performance Review.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Senior Program Associate or Program Associate is an exempt position and assumes an important role in the Laboratory in general, and in internal evaluation, specifically. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. NCREL offers a comprehensive benefit package including health and retirement benefits. NCREL is an employment-at-will employer.
Qualified applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary history to:.
Department of Human Resources
Attn: Donna Vesely
Job Code: PA_INT EVAL
North Central Regional Educational Laboratory
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, Il 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NCREL is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. NCREL utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.