Notice of Vacancy
Minority Research Interns Summer 2004
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCRELŽ) in 1984, seeks candidates for positions in our Minority Research Intern Program. The persons selected for these positions will hold a primary appointment in one of the following three areas: The Evaluation + Policy Research Group, Research and Development, or Professional Services Group. This is a special program designed to promote interest and encourage minority college students pursuing a graduate degree to enter the field of education research. These internships will begin in summer 2004 (approximately late May or early June). The internship will last at least one semester.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Intern may be responsible for:
- Participating in Learning Point Associates research, programmatic, professional services, and evaluation efforts.
- Conducting program evaluations as part of a team.
- Providing consultations to schools, districts, and states on research/evaluation practices and designs.
- Work on different programs and efforts related to the improvement of education in schools.
- Assisting with ESL developments in data retreats.
- Assisting with after-school programs.
- Applying quantitative skills to large and small data sets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Current matriculation in a graduate program required.
- Interest/experience in a variety of methods, and in quantitative and qualitative data reduction and analysis skills.
- Interest/experience in managing and conducting program evaluations.
- Interest/experience in education research.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with a variety of educational stakeholders and audiences.
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team.
Salary and Benefits:
The position is a nonexempt position and assumes an important role in our research efforts specifically. The Intern salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. This position is not eligible to receive the comprehensive benefit package.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and three current references to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: Int_MinRes
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.