Notice of Vacancy
Human Resources Specialist
Office of Human Resources
Learning Point Associates, an education nonprofit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) seeks a professional, detail-oriented individual for the position of Human Resources Specialist. This person will provide confidential administrative support and benefits administration to the Human Resources function.
Learning Point Associates has more than 20 years of success in evaluation, policy research, and professional development services as well as consulting to schools, districts, and states. Through research and development, the organization delivers high-quality products and services to the K–12 education market nationwide with increased growth internationally.
The mission of Learning Point Associates is to provide research-based information, resources, tools, and services to all educators to support all students. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process routine benefits actions, communicating with insurance providers and reconciling invoices.
- Process all internal change notices related to new hires, promotions or transfers, and terminations.
- Assist with new hire orientation.
- Assist with recruiting, including scheduling and coordinating interviews, verifying backgrounds, generating reports, preparing offer letters, and compiling information packets.
- Add and terminate employees into Learning Point Associates using the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) Abra software.
- Assist Human Resources Director with salary administration and performance review processes.
- Schedule and plan meetings, prepare correspondence and presentations, and perform other general clerical tasks.
- Support Human Resources team with various projects as needed.
- Serve as daily relief for the Learning Point Associates receptionist.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree and previous Human Resources experience.
- HRIS experience (Abra preferred).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with demonstrated expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be a self-starter, exercise good judgment, have strong follow-up skills, and be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to provide broad support in many areas and be able to take direction from various members of the Human Resources team.
- Must have strong customer service skills, be personable, and have a high level of professionalism.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to self-motivate, manage multiple tasks, and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
This person will be positioned in the Office of Human Resources and report to the Human Resources Director.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Human Resources Specialist is an exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and three current references to:
Office of Human Resources
Job Code: HRS_HR
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.