Notice of Vacancy
Content Editor, Creative Services
Learning Point Associates, an education nonprofit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Content Editor. The Content Editor will work in the Creative Services department within the Marketing group and be responsible for aiding the development of a branded identity for our organization. The successful candidate will be comfortable in a friendly, collaborative work culture and will be able to build and maintain effective internal relationships.
Learning Point Associates has more than 20 years of success in evaluation, policy research, and professional development services as well as consulting to schools, districts, and states. Through research and development, the organization delivers high-quality products and services to the K–12 education market nationwide with increased growth internationally.
The mission of Learning Point Associates is to provide research-based information, resources, tools, and services to all educators to support all students. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing substantive editing for publications, documents, and marketing collateral intended for a variety of audiences.
- Copyediting and proofreading text for a variety of products and audiences.
- Participating in scheduling and monitoring the production of projects that come through the department.
- Researching and writing pieces of proposals, reports, and other documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or communications.
- Six years of editorial experience, preferably in the education arena. Recent graduates will not be considered.
- Knowledge of American Psychological Association (APA) style to ensure proper use of citations, references, bibliographies, and quoted material.
- Excellent command of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage.
- Conscientious attention to detail.
- Ability to write effectively, clearly, and at an appropriate level for the intended audience.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and independently.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
This person will report to the Manager, Creative Services.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Content Editor is an exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary history to:
Office of Human Resources
Job Code: 05-SS001
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.