Notice of Vacancy
Research, Policy and Network Development
The Director will be responsible for:
The person selected for this position will hold a joint appointment in the Office of Policy and Networks and the Center for Educational Decision Support Systems and will be charged with overseeing the development of policy products, advisory networks, as well as research and development efforts focused on issues of educator quality and quantity, and comprehensive school reform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and maintenance of state and regional policy networks, advisory networks and the annual conference.
- Building relationships with state and federal education partners.
- Managing and responding to requests from primary policymaker audiences.
- Designing and implementing policy research, analyses, and strategic partnerships on issues of educator quantity and quality, as well as comprehensive school reform.
- Managing and contributing to the development of print and Web-based tools, including the organization's policy publications.
- Contributing to the continued growth in funding, identifying clients, and work within Learning Point Associates.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree, doctorate preferred, in education policy, evaluation, administration, or other related disciplines.
- Experience in applying research to the development of print and Web-based products.
- Experience directing projects that provide research and services to local, state, and federal policymakers, including demonstrated success in conducting and writing results of research and evaluation studies.
- Experience building state and national coalitions with policy constituents and external educational agencies.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with a variety of constituencies as well as provide guidance and supervision to internal staff.
- Ability to work independently, as a leader, and as a member of a team.
- Must be willing and available to travel extensively.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Director is a joint appointment in the Center for Educational Decision Support Systems (EDSS), and the Office of Policy and Networks reporting to the Executive Director of the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory. The Executive Director will conduct the performance review.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Director is an exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary history to:.
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: Dir_ResPolDev
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.