Notice of Vacancy
Evaluation & Policy Research Group
Learning Point Associates, formerly the North Central Regional Education Laboratory (NCREL), seeks candidates for the position of Development Associate. Learning Point Associates offers 20 years of success in evaluation, policy research, and professional development services as well as consulting to schools, districts, and states. Learning Point Associates' successes in research and development deliver high-quality products and services to the education K–12 market nationwide with increased growth internationally. The Learning Point Associates mission is to provide research-based information, resources, tools, and services to all educators to support all students. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, both public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services.
The Development Associate will work with the Evaluation & Policy Research Group, and will be responsible for developing and coordinating the implementation of short-term and long-term fundraising strategies and plans to raise a substantial part of the business unit's budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and coordinate processes through which the business unit can systematically and effectively identify the fundraising needs of the organization and its business units and develop strategies to address those needs.
Develop and manage systems and processes to identify, anticipate, and research funding sources including government, foundations, corporations, and others.
Develop and coordinate the implementation of relationship-building strategies needed for effective fundraising.
Develop and oversee systems and processes needed to track funding opportunities, relationship-building activities, pending proposals and applications, and reporting requirements and submissions.
Contribute to, and serve as a resource for staff involved in, the preparation of proposals, applications, and funding reports.
Work with communications and marketing staff to develop and implement public relations and communications strategies focused on fundraising.
Required Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; extensive formal training in fundraising (through programs, workshops, and continuing education); membership in recognized fundraising organizations (such as the Association of Fundraising Professionals).
- At least four years of direct experience in the fundraising field, with substantial experience in seeking funding from governmental sources, foundations, and corporations.
- Proven record of success in identifying major new funding sources and securing funding.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage large initiatives and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently with a minimum of supervision and effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; mastery of the use of electronic media in support of fundraising activities.
Preferred Credentials and Experience:
- Certification as a fundraising professional.
- Significant experience in fundraising for organizations working in the area of K–12 education.
This position reports to the Chief Officer of the Evaluation & Policy Research Group.
The position of Senior Research Associate has its primary organization appointment in the Evaluation & Policy Research Group. The position's primary supervisor will conduct the performance review.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Development Associate is an exempt position in Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Future growth and advancement opportunities for this position will be linked to successful fundraising. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and three current references to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: DA_E+PRG
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.