Notice of Vacancy
Senior Research Associate
Center for Comprehensive School Reform and Improvement Contract
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Senior Research Associate for the Center for Comprehensive School Reform and Improvement contract. The Center provides information, resources, and assistance to schools and school districts contemplating or engaged in whole-school reform.
This position is based in the Washington, D.C., office, located on Connecticut Avenue NW. The duration of this contract is a one-year period. There is a possibility that work will extend beyond the one-year period.
The person selected for this position will hold a primary appointment with this Learning Point Associates contract and will have primary responsibility for developing and maintaining a Web-based database of research and literature on school reform. Duties include developing and applying criteria for the inclusion of database materials, writing or editing abstracts, and finding and adding new materials to the database on a regular basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Research Associate will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining literature and research databases, including establishing criteria for selection and selecting materials.
- Accessing current, accurate information on comprehensive school reform and school improvement from a variety of agencies and making those products available.
- Managing the ongoing translation of applied research into the development of print and Web-based tools, resources, and technical assistance.
- Contributing content to Center publications and products.
- Coordinating responses to technical assistance requests made via e-mail and telephone.
- Contributing to the continued growth in funding, identifying clients and work within Learning Point Associates.
- Managing staff and budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Graduate degree in education, education research, evaluation, or other related discipline.
- Extensive experience in designing, participating in, and evaluating educational research for a variety of audiences.
- Experience related to school reform and improvement issues is desired.
- Extensive experience in developing products and/or providing technical assistance strategies and tools for schools and districts identified for improvement, corrective action, or restructuring.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a variety of constituencies as well as provide guidance and supervision to internal staff.
- Ability to work independently, as a leader and as a member of a team.
- Some travel required.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Senior Research Associate will be housed in the Learning Point Associates office in Washington, D.C. He or she will report to the Deputy Director.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Senior Research Associate is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, salary history and three current references to:
Donna Vesely Office of Human Resources
Job Code: SRA_NCSR_WP
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.