Notice of Vacancy
Center for Comprehensive School Reform and Improvement Contract
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Program Specialist with the Center for Comprehensive School Reform and Improvement contract, housed in our Washington, D.C., office.
The duration of this contract is a one-year period; there is a possibility that work will extend beyond the one-year period. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services targeting the K–12 education market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Specialist will be responsible for:
- Conducting literature searches, reviewing research and research reports, and making recommendations regarding their inclusion in the Center database.
- Organizing and maintaining print and nonprint Center materials.
- Assisting in the creation of publications and products, such as newsletters, issue briefs, and research syntheses.
- Developing a working knowledge of effective methods and practices in school reform and improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, master's preferred, in education, psychology, or other related disciplines.
- Knowledge of school reform and improvement issues as impacted by federal law; experience in working with schools or school districts undertaking whole-school reform strategies preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Familiarity with American Psychological Association (APA) style is preferred.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment, both with staff internally and other individuals externally. Ability to prioritize multiple objectives to meet project deadlines.
- Availability to travel.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for the position will have his or her primary organizational appointment with the Center for Comprehensive School Reform and Improvement contract. He or she will report to the Deputy Director. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Specialist is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Office of Human Resources
Job Code: PS_NCSR
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.