Notice of Vacancy
Director of Research
National Comprehensive School Reform Clearinghouse (NCSRC) Contract
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Director of Research for the National Comprehensive School Reform Clearinghouse (NCSRC), located in our Washington, D.C., office.
The duration of this contract is a one-year period; there is a possibility that work will extend beyond the one-year period. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services targeting the K–12 education market.
The person selected for this position will hold a primary appointment with this Learning Point Associates contract and will be charged with development, maintenance, and dissemination of research and literature on school reform and improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Research will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining literature and research databases, including establishing criteria for selection and selecting materials.
- Accessing current, accurate information on comprehensive school reform and school improvement from a variety of agencies and making those products available.
- Managing the ongoing translation of applied research into the development of print and Web-based tools, resources, and technical assistance.
- Contributing content to publications and products.
- Coordinating responses to technical assistance requests made via e-mail and telephone.
- Contributing to the continued growth in funding, identifying clients and work within Learning Point Associates.
- Managing staff and budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree, doctorate preferred, in education, education research, evaluation, or other related disciplines.
- At least 10 years of experience in a position of similar responsibility.
- Experience directing projects that provide research and services to local, state, and federal policymakers.
- Extensive experience in developing products and/or providing technical assistance strategies and tools for schools and districts identified for improvement, corrective action, or restructuring.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work with a variety of constituencies as well as provide guidance and supervision to internal staff.
- Ability to work independently, as a leader, and as a member of a team.
- Some travel required.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for the position will have his or her primary organizational appointment with the NCSRC contract. He or she will report to the Deputy Director. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Director of Research is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, salary history, and three current references to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: Dir Rsch_CSR
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.