Notice of Vacancy
Office of Business Services
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Controller - Office of Business Services. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, both public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services targeting the K12 education market.
To assist the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in maintaining adequate and appropriate business and data records, and to be directly responsible for maintaining the organization's general ledger accounting, preparing timely financial reports, supervising daily business office transactions; supervising periodic audits, assuring compliance with policies and procedures; and assisting in contract administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting and backing up the CFO.
- Maintaining accuracy of the general ledger balance on a daily basis.
- Approving all accounting entries to cash journals, general journals, accounts payable journals, sales journals, billing journals, etc.
- Supervising day-to-day activities of staff accountant and accounts payable and payroll/travel staff.
- Overseeing financial accounting month-end closings.
- Overseeing all client billing and collection efforts.
- Reporting externally to clients and all required agencies; reporting internally to CFO and appropriate Chief Officers.
- Meeting routinely with budget/project managers to discuss financial results when necessary.
- Opening and closing of all accounts on a timely basis.
- Preparing budgets for new and recurring proposals.
- Preparing annual tax returns.
- Preparing for and managing all public, governmental, and client audits.
- Completing various financial projects as assigned.
- Creating and maintaining the product inventory system.
- Maintaining the fixed asset inventory system.
- Assisting budget/project managers in fiscal management of projects, when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
For-profit or not-for profit
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or advanced degree in related field.
- CPA certificate.
- At least 5-7 years accounting experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft® Excel, Access, and Word.
- Experience in accounting software packages, specifically Deltek GCS Premier™.
- Experience with governmental, foundation, and grant awards and related reporting requirements.
- Experience maintaining general ledger accounting records and financial reporting.
- Multitasking capabilities a must.
- Experience with managing staff.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for the position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Office of Business Services and report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Controller - Office of Business Services is an exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Future growth and advancement opportunities for this position will be aligned with successful fundraising. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: Con_OBS
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.