Notice of Vacancy
Center for Technology and Center for Literacy
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Administrative Secretary. This position is responsible for administrative support to two signature content areas: Technology and Literacy.
The Administrative Secretary will be responsible for:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and/or assisting in the preparation of purchase requisitions and travel arrangements.
- Assist with coordinating logistics for internal and external meetings.
- Corresponding and communicating both orally and in written form with on and off-site program staff and with regional constituents.
- Setting up files and mass mailings to constituents and providing follow-up.
- Providing support for program staff in the development of reports, proposals, and presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of one-year administrative support experience, experienced in coordinating travel and meetings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, and the Web. Familiarity with transcription and with database software is essential.
- Self-starter with excellent organization skills, deadline and detail oriented.
- Ability to work as member of a team, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Administrative Secretary has its primary organization appointment in the Centers for Technology and Literacy reporting to the Director's of each respective center.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Administrative Secretary is a non-exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary history to:†
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: AS/TechLit
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, Il 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.