Notice of Vacancy
North Central Regional Educational Laboratory
at Learning Point Associates
NCREL, a wholly owned subsidiary of Learning Point Associates, is the regional educational laboratory (REL) serving the seven midwestern states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin. NCREL operates under a five-year contractual agreement with the U.S. Department of Education to conduct educational research, development, dissemination, and technical assistance.
Learning Point Associates is seeking candidates for the position of NCREL Associate Director. The person selected will report to the Executive Director of NCREL.
This position will be responsible for assisting the NCREL Executive Director with programmatic and fiscal administration and oversight of the Regional Education Laboratory (REL) contract to ensure that the work is designed well, developed efficiently and effectively, delivered to the relevant target audience, and evaluated for rigor, relevance, and utility. The Associate Director position includes supervision of staff, budget development and management, ensuring adherence to quality assurance processes and reporting requirements, and on-time and on-budget delivery of research, resources, products, and services.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Developing and maintaining deep knowledge and understanding of the REL work (curriculum development, alignment, and assessment; educational data support systems; technology; teacher quality, and others) in order to assess and deliver overall quality and efficiency of the work—meeting contractual obligations on-time and on-budget.
- Across the REL contract, managing, and coordinating the allocation of staff and resources. Attending and participating in work development meetings and project audit panels, providing leadership as necessary and appropriate.
- Ensuring that reporting and delivery requirements to the contractor (including quarterly programmatic reports) are met to high-quality standards and on-time.
- Assisting the Executive Director with general oversight of quality assurance, including project management, performance indicators, and organizational evaluation related to the work performed under the REL contract. Responsible for maintaining a mechanism/process for continuously monitoring the delivery of all products and services.
- Assisting with the conceptualization, development, and delivery of proposals that will maintain funding research and development efforts in Learning Point Associates, including an RFP for refunding the REL system.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Advanced degree, in an education related field (Ph.D. preferred) with knowledge of and experience in K–12 education preferred.
- Substantial experience in program management in a not-for-profit educational research and development agency or similar organization. REL experience a plus.
- Experience with educational program design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Strong communication and writing skills with demonstrated ability to work with high-level policymakers and administrators at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Strong supervisory experience and team building skills. Ability to work with a diverse staff in terms of skills, background, and demographics.
Salary and Benefits:
The position is an exempt position. The salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment.
Qualified applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary history to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: AD_REL
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.