Notice of Vacancy
Administrative Secretary, Mathematics-Science and Data Retreats
Professional Services Group
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Administrative Secretary. This position is responsible for administrative support to the Mathematics and Science area and Data Retreats within the Professional Services Group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Administrative Secretary will be responsible for:
- Providing support for program staff in the development of reports, proposals, and presentations.
- Assisting with database management and entry.
- Preparing and/or assisting in the preparation of purchase requisitions, contracts, and travel arrangements.
- Assisting with coordinating logistics for internal and external meetings.
- Corresponding and communicating both orally and in written form with on-site and off-site program staff and with clients.
- Setting up files and mass mailings to constituents and providing follow-up.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of one-year administrative support experience, including general office, filing, and other tasks.
- Experience in coordinating travel and meetings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and the Web. Familiarity with transcription and with database software is essential.
- Willingness to learn new software with training and mentoring as appropriate.
- Self-starter with excellent organization skills; deadline and detail oriented.
- Ability to work as member of a team, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Administrative Secretary has its primary organization appointment in the Professional Services Group reporting to the Director of Mathematics and Science.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Administrative Secretary is a non-exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, salary history and three current references to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: AS/PSG/M&S
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.