Notice of Vacancy
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Administrative Secretary. This position is responsible for administrative support to the to the Literacy Unit of Learning Point Associates and will serve Literacy staff from both the regional educational laboratory (REL) and the Professional Services Group (PSG).
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Administrative Secretary will be responsible for:
- Preparing and/or assisting in the preparation of purchase requisitions and travel arrangements.
- Assisting with coordinating logistics for internal and external meetings.
- Corresponding and communicating both orally and in written form with program staff and regional constituents.
- Setting up files and mass mailings to constituents and providing follow-up.
- Providing support for program staff in the development of reports, proposals, and presentations.
- Conducting market research for services and products.
- Assisting in the coordination of and communication with pilot sites, field tests, and other field-related work in the unit.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of one year administrative support experience, with experience in coordinating travel and meetings or relevant coursework.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, and the Web. Familiarity with transcription software and database software is essential.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills; deadline and detail oriented.
- Ability to work as member of a team, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Administrative Secretary has its primary organization appointment in the Literacy Unit and reports to both REL and PSG leadership.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Administrative Secretary is a nonexempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, salary history and three current references to:
Donna Vesely Office of Human Resources
Job Code: AS/Literacy
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.