Notice of Vacancy
Research & Development Group
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant to Chief Officer—Research & Development Group. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, both public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services targeting the K–12 education market. The person selected for this position will hold a primary appointment assisting the Chief Officer—Research & Development Group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant to the Chief Officer—Research & Development Group provides support to the Chief Officer on all programmatic and organizational efforts as appropriate.
- Prioritize, organize, and manage day-to-day activities and schedules in the office of the Chief Officer. Monitor calendar activity to confirm appointments and avoid conflicts.
- Facilitate the Chief Officer's communication with staff by prioritizing meeting requests and managing the appointment calendar.
- Receive and read incoming correspondence and information. Summarize, sort, and prioritize review of correspondence.
- Prepare and revise internal and external correspondence, charts, forms, and other materials using various software applications.
- Assist in the development and implementation of administrative systems to support existing office procedures. Track ongoing projects to ensure timely completion.
- Provide assistance to external clients and constituents in the utmost professional manner while communicating in writing and on the telephone.
- Maintain files, records, and minutes as required. Maintain confidential files as well as the confidentiality of the Chief Officer.
- Assist in organizing internal and external meetings including Board of Director meetings.
- Prepare travel arrangements and documentation following established business office procedures for the Chief Officer and others as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of three years experience supporting a senior level executive.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and variety of office technologies.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Extremely high level of organization skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Professional and polished interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to handle all matters in a confidential manner.
- Ability to develop professional rapport across all levels of the organization.
- Writing and editing skills.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Administrative Assistant will hold a primary appointment assisting the Chief Officer—Research & Development Group. However, the assistant may take work assignments from other staff members reporting to the Chief Officer.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Administrative Assistant is a nonexempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, salary history, and three current references to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: AA/CO_R&D
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.