Notice of Vacancy
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Program Associate, with emphasis on Practice. The person selected for this position will hold a primary appointment in the Technology Signature area, one of the signature areas in the Laboratory and will be charged with working on technology/curriculum integration practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Associate will be responsible for:
- Designing, structuring and conducting needs assessments related to effective use of technology, curriculum integration and related professional development.
- Designing, structuring and conducting action research and translating the findings into formats and language that address the technology integration, curriculum and professional development needs of various audiences.
- Designing, structuring and developing professional development and other resources that are responsive to the needs assessments and research findings conducted and that are cost-effective and easy to use.
- Applying the findings of education technology research and evaluation studies to schools and classrooms.
- Communicating evaluation findings and implications to practitioners, policymakers, and other researchers.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree, doctorate preferred, in technology, curriculum, evaluation, administration, or other related disciplines.
- Extensive experience in the educational technology, curriculum or related field.
- Experience in practice applications pertaining to technology or curriculum.
- Experience working with projects that provide research and services to local, state and federal curriculum people or policymakers.
- Demonstrated skill in building capacity in the areas of technology, curriculum or educational foundations.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with a variety of constituencies as well as provide guidance and supervision to internal staff.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of word processing and presentation software as well as skills in using the Internet.
- Teaching or related school experience desirable.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for the position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Center for Technology. He or she will principally report to the Director of Technology Research, Center for Technology. Performance reviews will be conducted within the Center.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Associate is an exempt position within the Laboratory. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. NCREL offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and retirement benefits. NCREL is an employment-at-will employer.
Qualified applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary history to:.
Department of Human Resources
Attn: Donna Vesely
Job Code: PA_TechPrac
North Central Regional Educational Laboratory
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, Il 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NCREL is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. NCREL utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.