A Vision of Professional Development
At Learning Point Associates, we believe that school development and professional development must go hand-in-hand to improve learning for all students. Our vision of professional development is based on the following principles:
- Ongoing professional development is required for significant school improvement.
- School change is the result of both individual and organizational development.
- The goal of professional development is to support and improve teaching and learning.
- Teachers learn as a result of training, practice, and feedback, as well as individual reflection and group inquiry into their practice.
- Professional development should be primarily school focused and embedded in the job.
About Learning Point Associates
Learning Point Associates, a nonprofit organization, was founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, and is grounded in nearly 20 years of successful research-based solutions for educators and policymakers. We are dedicated to helping educators improve student learning by equipping them with research-based strategies and services that meet their needs and produce results. As leaders in our field, we strive to be the first choice of educators seeking proven, timely, accessible, and cost-effective solutions to the challenges they face. We pride ourselves on the ability to deliver on-time, on-target, and on-budget services.
We have structured the organization to accomplish our mission through three interdependent groups: Research and Development, Evaluation & Policy Research, and Professional Services. Guiding the work of Learning Point Associates is a board of directors comprised of nationally recognized education and business leaders.
Previous | Next